What is Bikram Yoga?
What is Bikram Yoga? Bikram Yoga also known as Hot Yoga refers to a style of yoga wherein participants need to be healthy and strong because it is done in a heated room or what they called the Torture Chambers with 40 percent humidity to replicate the heat of India where the exercise was originated. Since it is done in a hot room, obviously the exercise is designed to get you sweat with a feeling of performing a huge amount of work in the body. There are 26 series of Bikram Yoga poses which include forward bends, standing postures, twists and backward bends. The postures of the Bikram Yoga are repeated twice while the full routine takes about 90 minutes.
Here are the tips that need to be considered to enjoy your experience in Bikram Yoga
- Listening to your body- When you are performing this kind of exercise, you are challenging yourself because of its complexities, thus, you need to listen to your body in order for you to avoid muscle injuries. You don’t have to push yourself executing the other postures if you didn’t do it right, instead you need to continue achieving the correct execution of poses before performing the next position.
- Keeping your sweat on- The more you shed your sweat, the healthier you become. So keep sweating.
- Drinking lots of water- Since this exercise is done in a hot room that resulted into high level of sweating; you need to drink a lot of water to keep you dehydrated.
- Shower after the exercise- Before taking shower, you need to dry yourself naturally. Once you are done taking shower you can feel refreshment after exercising.
Bikram Yoga Benefits for Weight Loss
Like any other yoga, Bikram Yoga has also numerous health benefits. Bikram Yoga benefits weight loss is considered as one of the major benefit of the exercise. As we all know that women loved to be thin, thus, the Bikram yoga benefits for women as the exercise result into weight loss. Below are the basic things about the connection between weight loss and activity.
- Toning the Body- All types of yoga are designed to strengthen a participant’s sense of balance and tone your body. Other positions of yoga help enhance the posture, health and upper body strength while the heat factor of the Bikram Yoga warms up people quickly in order for them to loosen their muscles.
- Sweat off Water Weight- Since Bikram yoga is a hot yoga program it helps you lose excess water in your body. When you are losing excessive amount of water in your body, the overall functions of your body will totally improbed and fat will be burned off efficiently as well.
- Speed Up Metabolism- Bikram Yoga not only improve the overall circulatory and digestive systems but also speed up metabolism which means that your body understands in choosing the nutrients of the food, storing what it needs and getting rid of the rest. Speeding up your metabolism is considered a natural way in losing weight and ensuring that you will feel happy and energetic.
Bikram Yoga Benefits for Men
Men nowadays are also concerned of their health and many men are considering Bikram Yoga. There are also Bikram Yoga benefits for men. Below are the benefits of Bikram Yoga in men.
- Strengthen Muscles- Since Bikram Yoga is also known for its military training, there are certain poses for this kind of yoga which strengthen the muscles in the body. This kind of exercise gives the whole body a workout while building your core strength.
- Improved Mental Focus- Mental focus is considered as the major benefits when you are performing any types of yoga. When your mind is disciplined, it would relieve stress that could result in much better concentration.
- Enhances Bedroom Play- When you are performing yoga, your sexual organs will be sent oxygen and with fresh blood which enhances bedroom play.
Additional benefits of Hot yoga
- Flushing away the fats and toxins from your body
- Strengthens the resistance in your immune system
- Balances and controls the endocrine glands
- Regulates heart rate and strengthens the bones
- Improves muscular flexibility
- Revitalizes your body through stretching exercises
- Regenerates the tissues in the body
- Comprehends in your body via a systematic and healing way
- Obtaining relaxation
If you really want to try yoga, you need different equipment that would be necessary in your yoga exercise. One equipment refers to the yoga mat which is considered the most important because the Bikram yoga mat let you perform various yoga poses. Bikram Yoga mat has also its own benefits which include thicker compared to other mats; it can be washed, contains friction, absorbs your sweat and comes in different sizes. In addition, you need to look for an oversized mat to keep you in place when doing various yoga poses.