Yoga has been known for its health benefits particularly for relieving lower back pain. People who are suffering from back pain are considering various treatments which include the physical therapy, pills, chiropractors and some other methods to relieve pain. Researchers suggest that stretching or yoga poses can relieve back pain. Yoga poses for back pain focuses on strengthening and stretching of the torso and the leg muscles to be able to provide considerable relief for people who are suffering from back pain.
It is not new to us that exercise helps relieve stress and provide good health, thus, stretching or muscle strengthening utilizing different yoga poses can help increase an individual’s body strength. Many people who are performing yoga poses for back pain finds that the exercise can be beneficial to their health and to their body condition.
Yoga poses for back pain
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana- The first pose is called the pelvic tilt or the Bridge pose that will help individual build strength in their lower abdomen in order to relieve the stress from the back muscles. Further, the bridge pose will help an individual in developing strong support in the sacroiliac joint and the lower and middle back.
- Uttanasana- Another famous Yoga posture is the standing forward bend which is designed to reduce and eliminate back pain. This exercise focuses on bending your hips as well as raising a performer’s arms to the sky and reach forward. The technique for this exercise is to let the gravity work.
- Trikonasana- This yoga pose is considered a complex type and works to eliminate back pain. The benefits of this pose include the internal organs, spine, hips, emotional health and back because it comprises of various variations of styles such as side angle variations, revolved triangles and gate variations.
Here are the additional yoga poses that can be practiced at home
- Cat Pose- As what the name suggests in this kind of yoga pose, you are going to kneel with your four arms straight with your back parallel to the floor and then you will breathe in and lift you head, allowing your waist to lower towards the floor while keeping the arms strong and straight. You will hold the position for about 3-5 breaths and then you will hunch your back, letting your head to relax down. Finally, you will keep your palms flat on the floor while keeping your arms strong as you get the chin towards the top of the chest.
- Child Pose- In this pose, you are going to sit on your heels, stretching forward with the head to the floor and stretching out arms in front and breathe deeply. Then, you need to place your arms with palms next to your feet in 5-10 breaths.
You can try this yoga poses to reduce or even eliminate back pain. It is important to take your time in practicing the yoga sequence to avoid muscle stresses. In addition, you need to listen to your body as well as remaining soft in the poses while breathing slowly and deeply, the more you practice yoga poses the more you will become flexible and eliminate back pain. However, whatever pain you feel in your body, it is always best to consult your physician before taking any medication or exercises to prevent you from harm. You need to remember that prevention is better than cure, thus, consulting a physician before taking or performing any drug or exercise is still best for you and for your health. I hope the above information will help you in your future endeavor related to yoga poses.